Special Educational Needs (SEN) Support
TP drives inclusivity and promotes a culture of openness, understanding and mutual support for students to achieve a holistic educational experience, attain independent living skills and meaningful employment upon graduation. The SEN Support in Student Support and Career Services (SSCS) offers services and support for students with disabilities / special educational needs. Disabilities and special needs may include the following conditions:
- Physical and Sensory Difficulties (e.g. physical impairment, hearing loss and vision loss)
- Social and Behavioural Difficulties (e.g. autism spectrum disorder, ADHD)
- Learning and Language Difficulties (e.g. dyslexia)
1. Prospective Students
Students with SEN may contact the Admissions Office or SEN Support for pre-admission course advisement.
2. Current Students
SEN Support provides the following support to students with SEN:
- Coordinate support with respective Academic Schools/Centres for students with greater needs, for example, to look into physical accessibility, sourcing for assistive devices, making special arrangements related to the teaching and learning process, and access arrangements for examinations.
- Provide ongoing emotional support for students in transition or facing challenges.
- Provide informational resources on financial assistance, internship and preparation for future employment.
3. Financial Support
- The Ministry of Education (MOE) has set up a SEN Fund to help students with physical, hearing or visual impairment in the polytechnics. Eligible students with SEN can tap into the Fund to purchase Assistive Technology (AT) devices and support services.
- Click here to download the SEN Fund form for more details on the eligibility criteria and application process.
*Disclosure of Information
Students are encouraged to disclose any SEN conditions upon admission. Full disclosure of conditions allows the Polytechnic to put in place appropriate support to meet individual’s learning needs. Personal information will be kept strictly confidential unless there are legal or safety concerns. While the SEN Support strives to facilitate support to meet specific needs under reasonable circumstances, it is equally important that students take ownership of their learning journey. Students may contact the SEN Support at any point in time to discuss necessary accommodations.
Financial Assistance Schemes are available, access this link to find out more.
- 8.30 am to 5.30 pm (Mon to Fri). Closed on Sat, Sun & Public Holidays
Student Support & Career Services / SEN Support
Care@TP, Block 26B, Level 1, Unit 49
21 Tampines Ave 1